has moved forward to invest complete laboratory testing equipment according to 7
parts of IEC 62561:2012 Standard “Lightning Protection Component Series”
- IEC 62561-1 Requirement for Connection components.
- IEC 62561-2 Requirement for Conductors and Earth Electrodes.
- IEC 62561-3 Requirement for Isolating Spark Gaps (ISG).
- IEC 62561-4 Requirement for Conductor Fasteners.
- IEC 62561-5 Requirement for Earth Electrode Inspection Housings and Electrode Seals
- IEC 62561-6 Requirement for Lightning Strike Counters.
- IEC 62561-7 Requirement for Earthing Enhancing Compounds.
The testing equipment has composed of Environment Test (Humid Sulphurous Atmosphere
Treatment and Salt Mist Treatment), Mechanical Test (Tensile and Compressive Machine),
Electrical Test (Lightning Impulse High Current Machine and Contact Resistance Measurement
Machine), SPD functional test cover all SPD application, AC power, communication, DC system
which comply to IEC 61643-11, 21, 31. A list of some of the existing equipment is below: 60 kA
Lightning Impulse current generator, 10/350 μS and 8/20 μS use wave shape for LPS and SPD
(Class I,II) testing, 20 kV/10 kA Combination wave impulse generator for SPD class III testing,
10/700 μS ring wave generator for communication SPD test, SO2 simulation environment chamber
corrosion test, Salt spray simulation environment chamber test, Universal mechanical tensile test,
Micro ohm contact resist 50Hz 2000 A power source to ensure Kumwell components shall be
manufactured and delivered high standard and quality product